Land Rights Now Campaign Intern
The Oxfam Novib Academy is looking for a student passionate about creating social change through worldwide campaigns. Ideally, the student should have knowledge of land rights and/or mobilisation strategies. The internship will last 3-6 months for at least 3 days a week. (Internship)
In the context of our work on the GROW Campaign, the Oxfam Novib Academy, for Autumn 2016 has identified the need for research in the area of indigenous and community land rights, as a contribution to the Land Rights Now campaign.
In particular, work in this area should focus on:
• Supporting campaigning and communications around international days of action, including by producing content for the website, media, and social media; and developing human stories and case studies on specific local struggles by indigenous peoples and local communities.
• Supporting mobilization of the more than 600 organizations and communities that are already part of the campaign, including by identifying common actions and solidarity initiatives.
• Engaging with Oxfam country offices and teams across the Oxfam confederation, so as to better link advocacy and program work on indigenous and community land rights.
• Supporting engagement of unusual suspects in the campaign, including youth networks, urban audiences, etc. Key deliverables tasks of the position
• Robust and engaging content for the campaign.
• Actions carried out by participants of LandRightsNow as a contribution to the campaign.
• Groups, organizations, and communities engaged and animated.
• Well-founded recommendations as to how to improve the strategies and/or activities of our campaign LandRightsNow.
• Registration at a College or University in The Netherlands;
• Excellent writing skills in English and preferably also French and/or Spanish;
• A good understanding of land rights and human rights;
• Strong analytical skills, you are result-oriented and are a team player; • Excellent (intercultural) communication skills, including blogging, micro-blogging and social media;
• Ability to interact with a variety of people, including activists, researchers, NGO professional, UN officers;
• Excellent networking skills;
• Design skills and knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign highly desirable
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
• You are passionate about creating lasting positive change for people in need.
What we offer
• Mentoring and Supervision by Oxfam Novib staff
• Participation in the Oxfam Novib Academy which offers learning and interaction with other like-minded student interns and facilitates personal and professional development
• Access to a global network of international and national and community-based organizations working on Indigenous and community land rights.
• Experience in applied research with societal relevance in a leading development organization
• A small financial compensation
How to Apply
If you are interested and want to apply for the job please press the 'apply' button by November 20, 2017 (we don’t process applications received by e-mail).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational Letter In case you are selected you will be required to present a letter of a College and/or University lecturer who is committed to be your contact person at the University for academic guidance.
Please note that to be eligible for internships at Oxfam Novib, you need to be enrolled in a university or an educational institution for the entire duration of the internship. This is nonnegotiable. Selected candidates will be contacted at the end of November to schedule an interview. Interviews will take place in December. In the last week of January, the introduction days will take place. Participation in this is mandatory.
For questions about this vacancy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information Read about the thoughts and experiences of the Oxfam Novib Academy of currently enrolled students http://oxfamnovibacademy.tumblr.com/, and more on the LandRightsNow campaign here: www.landrightsnow.org.
To view the original call, please visit: https://oxfamnovibacademy.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/land-rights-now-internship.pdf