Apply for the course on multilateral environmental agreements
The University of Eastern Finland (UEF) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) are jointly organizing a high profile two-week Course on international environmental law-making and diplomacy. The course will take place from 20 to 30 August 2018 at the University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu, Finland. The course is organized in collaboration with the Government of Finland.
University of Eastern Finland - United Nations Environment Programme
Course on Multilateral Environmental Agreements
Fifteenth Course, 20 to 30 August 2018, Joensuu, Finland
• High profile two week Course on MEAs, international environmental law-making and diplomacy. Thematic focus for 2018 is "The Environment and Human Rights".
• Intended for experienced government officials engaged in international environmental negotiations. Other stakeholders, such as representatives of NGOs and the private sector, researchers and academics in the field of international environmental law are also eligible. By far, over 400 participants from all over the world have been trained through the series of the Course.
• Approximately 30 participants, with an equal distribution from the North and South and taking into account gender balance will be admitted to the Course.
• Participants are expected to pay their travel and other expenses and a tuition fee of EUR 1000.
• Candidates from developing countries and from countries with economies in transition can apply for a full or partial fellowship.
• The application deadline is 31 May 2018.
• You can apply to the Course through an online application form at http://www.uef.fi/web/unep/application. With the same form you can apply for a full or partial fellowship.