Call for organisations to host interns for the ILC internship programme
*Accepting applications on a rolling basis*
The ILC Secretariat is now accepting applications from member organisations to host interns for the ILC internship programme. The internship programme aims at giving the opportunity to Master’s students and young researchers from within the ILC network to be placed for an internship in another ILC member organisation.
Why should you apply?
This is a unique opportunity for ILC members to attract additional capacity into their institutions. The internship programme will
- Provide ILC members with institutional strengthening: interns will contribute to the work of host organisations by performing support tasks in line with hosts’ priorities and needs.
- Support and make land governance-related research available, on topics that are co-defined by host institutions and the interns.
- Accompany host institutions in documenting their good practices and success stories.
Who can apply?
In order to be eligible as host organisation you must
- Be an ILC member
- Propose i) a research topic, ii) support tasks related to your organisation’s institutional capacity.
How to apply?
Applications from host organisations should include specification of:
- A research topic, deliverables and tasks, all relevant to and generating an impact on people-centred land governance. Kindly keep in mind that all internships must equally include:
- Research on land governance related issues (it would be particularly valued if this component was linked with an ILC initiative or aimed to the documentation of a good practice on people-centred land governance - connected with the activity of the host organisation - to be eventually included in the ILC Database of Good Practices).
- Support to host organisation
- Location of placement
- Proposed duration of placement (between two weeks and six months, negotiable with student applicants) and possible beginning and end dates
- Any particular requirements the intern should satisfy in order to perform the proposed tasks successfully (i.e. languages spoken; degree in a specific discipline; IT skills etc.)
- A contact person (and email address) that students can send their applications to.
To apply please read the attached document and send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
For more information about the internship programme and the application process please view the attached document "ILC Internship Programme"