FAO E-Learning: Governing Land for Women and Men
This module is part of FAO's Responsible Governance of Tenure E-Learning Programme.
This course will help you gain a clear understanding of why it is important to take into account gender and social issues when dealing with land tenure, and what actions must be adopted so that women and men from different social groups can equally participate in and benefit from land tenure governance processes.
START FREE COURSE NOW: http://www.fao.org/elearning/#/elc/en/course/VGG
AudienceThe curriculum primarily addresses "change agents" - i.e. people who can have a direct impact by introducing changes in how tenure is governed. They include national policy makers and administrators, surveyors, trainers, legal support providers, civil society and non-governmental organizations, advocacy, control and monitoring professionals.
The course consists of 6 lessons, of approximately 30 to 40 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 Introduction to gender-equitable governance of land tenure
- Lesson 2 Gender-equitable participation in land policy-making
- Lesson 3 Legal issues for gender-equitable governance of land tenure
- Lesson 4 Building gender-equitable and participatory land institutions
- Lesson 5 Technical issues
- Lesson 7 Getting the message across