ILC vacancy: Graphic designer consultant (part-time)
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative and forward-thinking graphic designer to join our Communications Team and help ILC stand out in a world where land rights are often overlooked. Our visual identity is how others think, share and feel about ILC – so can you help us shape the impressions we want to make, for the change we want to see?
Deadline for applications: 10 November 2017
Start date: mid-December 2017
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
The International Land Coalition (ILC) is a global alliance of civil society and intergovernmental organisations working together to put people at the centre of land governance, responding to the needs and protecting the rights of women, men and communities who live on and from the land.
The Secretariat of ILC, based at the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) in Rome, carries the responsibility to provide support to the Coalition in the implementation of the 2016-2021 Strategy.
In 2016 – 20 years after its establishment - ILC underwent a re-branding exercise. For our network, a strong and unified brand helps to drive cohesion with our members and build trust among our constitutents and the change-makers we are trying to influence.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implement ILC’s existing branding guidelines
- Ensure all ILC communication materials are in adherence with existing branding guidelines;
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas and solutions for print, web, video and electronic distribution.
- Design and layout publications, reports and other ILC products/materials
- Layout information and communication materials for printing (reports, banners, posters, booklets, bulletins, flyers, stationary).
- Design and produce materials for digital distribution (mailing list, web banners, gifs, sharegraphic cards, pdfs).
- Deliver graphics for ILC’s web portals: www.landcoalition.org, www.globallandforum.org.
- Create and edit animations and video clips for ILC’s promotional campaigns.
- Maintain and update ILC’s design-file repository (Dropbox)
Qualifications and Expertise
The successful candidate is required to meet the following criteria:
- College or university degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in graphic design.
- Proficiency in English with working knowledge of Spanish and French.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat.
Terms and Conditions
The consultant will work on a retained basis for a trial period of 3 months with the possibility of an extension. The consultant will work closely with the Strategic Communications Officer and will report directly to Sabine Pallas, Programme Officer of the ILC Secretariat. Daily rate to be evaluated based relevant knowledge, skills and experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their application package to email@example.com by 10 November 2017, with the subject line “Graphic Design Consultancy”.
Your application package should include:
- Letter of intent;
- Copy of portfolio/samples of design work
Please note we will respond to short-listed candidates only.