USAID MOOC: Land tenure and property rights
This year’s course examines the issues, theories, evidence, and best practices around land tenure, property rights, and international development programming. This course features interactive discussions, lectures, and case studies from a wide variety of experts in the field. Enrollment is ongoing until the end of the course.
- Explain the importance of land tenure and property rights (LTPR) as a critical development issue.
- Describe key terms and concepts, including the continuum of LTPR systems, from customary tenure to formal rights.
- Become familiar with the historical, legal, and institutional aspects of land tenure and property rights.
- Identify how insecure or unclear rights are related to negative development outcomes, including conflict, human rights violations, lower productivity levels, the overuse and misuse of resources, and unsustainable land-based investments.
- Discuss how LTPR programming can be used to meet development goals, including women’s economic empowerment, promoting resilience and climate change adaptation and mitigation, increasing food security, and combating extreme poverty.
Jan 8 - Apr 15, 2018
Badge, Certificate, CEU
For more information: https://www.canvas.net/browse/usaid/courses/usaid-land-tenure