Working towards these commitments
Secure Tenure Rights
Transparent and accessible information
IALTA strives to bring together researchers on land tenure, land administration and land law to facilitate innovative, interdisciplinary and comparative research to empower people and institutions for the protection and enhancement of people’s rights and livelihoods and for the sustainable utilization of resources.It also mobilizes forces and actors for dramatic changes in land law, policy and institutions. It facilitates and fosters global innovative initiatives on sustainable land administration through multidisciplinary research collaboration among the members to share knowledge and data and to develop research programmes. It strives to offer tailor-made solutions to address the missing link between land tenure, governance and sustainable development in land administration.
- To foster members' collaboration in formulating strategic research, teaching and academic exchange programmes and sharing relevant experiences and knowledge.
- To create a web-based multidisciplinary repository and an interactive easy-to-use digital platform of land experts to disseminate their information and publications.
- To create an international peer reviewed journal on land tenure and administration free of charge and accessible for the members.
- To organize international events such as seminars, workshops and conferences on a regular basis.
- To facilitate the creation of a platform for the engagement of policy-makers and grass-root organizations through developing sustainable land administration indicators and tools for both to analyze and adopt.
- To promote regional cooperation and lesson-learning in best practices regarding land tenure and administration through providing tailor-made training courses and technical advisory support.
IALTA's constituencies include researchers, practitioners, policy-makers, businesses, civil society organizations, etc.