Land Matrix Large Scale Land Acquisitions Profile: Senegal
This country profile presents the Land Matrix data for Senegal, detailing large-scale land acquisition (LSLA) transactions that:
- entail a transfer of rights to use, control or own land through
- sale, lease or concession.
- • have an intended size of 200 hectares (ha) or larger.
- • have been concluded since the year 2000.
- • are affected by a change of use (often from extensive or
- ecosystem service provision to commercial use).
- • include deals for agricultural and forestry purposes. Mining
- operations are excluded.
The objective of this country profile is to present LSLA data at national level to a broad panel of stakeholders, stimulating broad engagement and data exchange, facilitating the continuous improvement of the data. The data used in this profile was downloaded on 10 May 2016.