Land Matrix Large Scale Land Acquisitions Profile: Sierra Leone
This country profile presents the Land Matrix data for Sierra Leone, detailing large-scale land acquisition (LSLA) transactions that:
- entail a transfer of rights to use, control or own land through sale, lease or concession.
- have an intended size of 200 hectares (ha) or larger.
- have been concluded since the year 2000.
- are affected by a change of use (often from extensive or ecosystem service provision to commercial use).
- include deals for agriculture, forestry and other intentions - excluding mining operations.
The objective of this country profile is to present LSLA data at national level to a broad panel of stakeholders, stimulating broad engagement and data exchange, facilitating the continuous improvement of the data. The data used in this profile was downloaded on 9 September 2016.