Property Rights and Gender in Uganda: A Training Toolkit
This Training Toolkit seeks to strengthen understanding of property rights for women and men as equal citizens. Because women in Uganda are often not treated as equal citizens, toolkit materials address what rights women have, how to communicate women’s rights, and the issues preventing women from exercising their rights.
The overarching goals of the training are to increase Ugandans’:
- knowledge of their legal rights to property,
- understanding and recognition of women’s and men’s equality before Ugandan law, and
- ability to exercise and protect their own property rights while respecting others’ rights.
The toolkit consists of five modules:
- Rights and Gender in Uganda
- Land Law and Gender
- Property Rights in Marriage and Family
- Inheritance Law, Wills and Women
- Monitoring Skills for the Community Rights Worker
Download the toolkit at https://www.icrw.org/files/images/Property-Rights-and-Gender-A-Training-...