Our voices, our rights
Indigenous Voices in Asia Media Showcasing Fair 2015
- To strengthen inter-learning and skills exchange and collaboration among the indigenous media, rights activists, mainstream media representatives, educational institutions and like minded stakeholders;
- To strengthen the Indigenous Voices in Asia Network (IVAN) and move forward the rights of the indigenous peoples in solidarity with media professionals and rights activists.
- Stronger and expanded IVA network among all categories of participants;
- Increased partnership and cooperation at the national and regional levels;
- Increased capacity of the participants particularly activists in using different forms of media;
- Increased knowledge on the situation of media and of the key issues of indigenous peoples In Asia;
- Increased awareness about the culture and situation of indigenous peoples in Asia.
The workshop is open to the participants from Asia. Expected categories of participants are:
- Media practitioners
- Human rights activists
- 2015 IVA regional award winners
Dipta Chakma, Regional Coordinator Indigenous Voices in Asia (IVA) / Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP)