Gender and Land Rights Database
* available in English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic *
The Gender and Land Rights Database (GLRD) was launched by FAO in 2010 to highlight the major political, legal and cultural factors that influence the realisation of women’s land rights throughout the world.
It also serves as a platform to address, discuss and provide information about gender and land issues with the support of 84 Country Profiles, Land Tenure Statistics disaggregated by gender, and a Legal Assessment Tool for gender-equitable land tenure (LAT).
• Identify major political, legal and cultural factors that influence gender-equitable land tenure;
• Highlight gender disparities in land tenure;
• Provide gender and land-related statistics;
• Support integration of international standards and best practices into national policy and legal frameworks;
• Support the realization of gender-equitable land tenure.