land to address global challenges series
Equitable access to land and tenure security are key to achieving sustainable food systems and for the overall achievement of the SDGs. This paper helps to push tenure security for sustainable agri-food systems up the policy agenda. In doing this, it identifies recommendations and key actions that can contribute to a broader policy agenda for improving food and nutrition security and the transformation of agri-food systems:
- Secure land rights help produce safe, affordable and nutritious food for all.
- By securing land rights for growers and producers, we can build sustainable and inclusive food systems.
- When communities achieve secure land tenure, they are more vested in caring for their natural environment.
- By fully recognizing women’s land rights, we can reduce disparities and move toward gender equality.
- When communities are given rights to their land, they become more resilient against extreme climatic events.
Land tenure and sustainable agri-food systems
Framing land inequality, its centrality, and its impact
18 November 2020Read More
Tenure security and equitable access key to sustainable agri-food systems
23 September 2021Read More