We are looking for an individual consultant to support the assessment and development of a fundraising study plan, and proposals for the rangelands initiative.
This is with a special focus on climate finance funding and philanthropic opportunities.
Title: Climate finance funding and philanthropic opportunity to assess the potential of global / regional rangelands initiative Location Virtual work
Starting Date: 6th October 2021
End Date: 15th December 2021
Reporting to: Individual consultant’s services
How to Apply: Consultancy CV and letter of intent should be sent via email to email@example.com no later than 4th of October at 12:00 midnight Central European Time (CET).
Kindly ensure the subject line is denoted with the heading “INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT FOR THE RI FUNDARAISING”.
Required skills and experience
● Technical expertise in land rights, ideally with an understanding of pastoralist and rangelands issues, with special attention to youth and gender issues;
● A minimum of 5 years of working experience implementing projects in the sector of development;
● Strong ability to translate complex analysis into effective proposals;
● Master's Degree or higher in a relevant field, such as biodiversity and/or nature conservation, sustainable land management, environmental policy, and management;
● Demonstrated leadership, facilitation, and coordination skills, with ability to manage technical teams, engage with stakeholders, design participatory processes, and form strategic partnerships and alliances;
● Demonstrated understanding of the GEF rationale and procedures, and demonstrated experience in formulation of GEF-funded project proposals, using the logical framework and the results-based management approaches;
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is required;
● Ability to deliver results, while remaining flexible and adaptive in light of challenging circumstances due to the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Duration of assignment and timeline:
From 6th October 2021 to 15th December 2021
● October 6th to 19th - Initial general overview of funding options, including GEF
● October 24th - Submit work plan for the project development phase in consultation with the regional focal points
● 25th October to 26th November - A pipeline of concept proposals is developed targeting various donors
● December 1st - Validation virtual workshop
● December 6th - Project Identification Form (PIF) for GEF
● December 15th - Final Deliverables
Applications close 4th of October at 12:00 midnight Central European Time (CET)