what we do
Strengthening the impact of multi-stakeholder platforms on land governance.
Think globally, act locally.
Across the globe decision makers are increasingly looking to multi-stakeholder platforms to be more effective and responsive to emerging land governance issues, and are at the same time, eager to learn and exchange good practices about what’s working.
Land Collaborative is helping to do just that by building a Global Community of Practice that connects land governance change makers, stimulates innovation and equips multi-stakeholder practitioners working on land governance with the tools, capacities and right processes they need to deliver real system change in land governance.
By coming together, land governance practitioners, supporters, promoters, funders and change makers are learning from good practices and evidenced-based solutions coming out of the ILC network and beyond.
How we work
✔ BUILDING NEW ALLIANCES & PARTNERSHIPS
LandCollaborativeis a vibrant space where changemakers who have already established and set up multi-stakeholder platforms are able to build new alliances and partnerships with existing networks that have diverse portfolios/backgrounds.
LandCollaborativeis able to bring together unlikely suspects for likely solutions.
✔ PROVIDING ACCESS TO SOLUTIONS & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Promote linkages with regional and global policy processes, campaigns and ILC initiatives
- Promote learning by fostering cross-regional exchange, peer-to-peer learning, documenting good practices from country experiences, and investing in innovation for dissemination and upscaling
- Develop standards for good governance - elevating level of governance and representation in platforms
✔ PATHWAY TO SCALING UP THAT WORKS.
- Create conditions for change by promoting public sector agencies’ preparedness to engage, private sector actors to make commitments, and development agencies to sustainably invest in multi-stakeholder platforms.
- Ensure that those partnerships are delivering through an accountability mechanism
WHO IS PART OF THE LAND COLLABORATIVE?
LandCollaborative targets national MSP ecosystems and its supporting actors that together constitute, shape and influence national land governance policy and processes, with high degree of interconnectedness.
We identify four broad categories of potential actors supporting change process:
- Capacity building partners - Supporting the day-to-day capacities for facilitating MSPs, and their effectiveness;
- MSP Promoters - Promoting adoption of MSPs, and their application to key policy challenges;
- MSP funders - Funding investment programmes to foster MSPs at national level;
- Research Partners - Generating analysis, knowledge, and exchange of lessons around MSPs.
ILC, in collaboration with Collaborating for Resilience (CoRe), FAO and Welthungerhilfe (WHH), coordinates this cross-country space of learning dedicated to MSPs actors and change makers in the following countries:
HOW CAN YOU JOIN?
Do you work in or support a Multi-Stakeholder Platform on land governance? Are you a land governance practitioners, supporters, promoter or funders?
Contact Yonas Mekonen to join the Land Collaborative.
We welcome the participation of land governance change makers from all over the world!
Senior Officials Meeting, 24 May 2022, Jordan
LandCollaborative Design document
Land Collaborative workshop report
Read the summary of our first planning workshop
Land Collaborative Handbook Guidance framework
How to engage policy makers to influence policy: a guidance note
What we've learned from national engagement strategies