ILC Secretariat consultancy: Resource Mobilisation and Communications
Looking to work in an action-oriented, dynamic and international environment? Our global support team serves a diverse and growing network of more than 250 member organisations in over 70 countries! If you have a passion for land rights and social justice and want to help ensure our network's financial sustainability, join us!
In the second triennium of its current strategy (2016-2021), ILC is changing its approach to explore new sources of funding and strengthening the capacity of its members to leverage funds for ILC platforms at country level and on specific themes linked to our 10 commitments.
Supporting the Partnerships Officer, the consultant will assist in implementing ILC's Resource Mobilisation strategy for 2019-2021. He/she will work closely with the communications team, colleagues in regional coordination units and colleagues leading facilities with high potential to attract donors to identify and approach potential funders, as well as with the learning focal point on how to strengthen Resource Mobilisation capacities in the network.
The consultant will research and disseminate information and provide direct assistance and training to colleagues in regional offices and the global support team, as well as facilitators of ILC-supported platforms and will assist in reporting back results. He/she will be part of the corporate cluster (Resource Mobilisation, strategic communications, gender justice).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Research and assessment. Identify relevant information on funding sources and donors (public and private) to be approached to support ILC’s strategy implementation.
Supporting capacity-building. Promote use of tools for Resource Mobilisation, including through online and face-to-face training.
Building partnerships. Assist colleagues and facilitators of ILC platforms in the development of donor relationships, the pitching of initiatives and the drafting of proposals.
Donor Liaison and reporting
Updated information. Gather and update information on donor agreements, systematise information on presence of strategic partners in countries and follow-up regularly with colleagues travelling to facilitate contacts with donors at country level.
Support reporting: ensure timely reporting to donors and support responding to ad hoc requests
Communications for donor visibility
Messaging: Contribute to developing messages and draft briefs for potential and existing donors, complementing the communications strategy with a plan on how to promote ILC to funders
Visibility: develop guidelines and follow-up with grantees to ensure donor visibility.
Required skills and competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and one other official ILC language (French or Spanish). Arabic an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced University degree in Communications, Journalism, International Relations or a social sciences related field.
- At least 5 (five) years' relevant experience in resource mobilisation, donor liaison, fundraising, or communications in the development sector. Prior experience mobilising resources from diverse donors, including philanthropic foundations an asset.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex policy issues into products tailored to specific audiences.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
- Excellent time management, forward planning, and prioritisation skills. Able to work under pressure and to deadlines while keeping attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Interest in human rights, land, environment, gender justice.
- Knowledge of networks and multi-stakeholder partnerships is an asset.
*The Consultant will be hired by the ILC Secretariat initially for a 3-6 months period. The contract may be renewed or extended based on availability of funds and satisfactory performance. The Consultant will be based at the ILC Secretariat in Rome, Italy.
Please send an updated CV, your salary expectation (daily rate), and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "RM & Communications Consultant Vacancy" by 31 May 2019, indicating your availability. We will respond only to short-listed candidates.