Land Matrix Large Scale Land Acquisition Profile: Liberia
The objective of this country profile is to present the data at national level and to make it available to a broad panel of stakeholders, as well as to enhance broad engagement and data exchange, facilitating the continuous improvement of the data. The data used in this profile was downloaded on 16 January 2017
This country profile presents the Land Matrix data for Liberia, detailing large-scale land acquisitions and transactions that:
- entail a transfer ofrights to use, control or own land through sale, lease or concession;
- cover 200 hectares (ha) or larger;
- have been concluded since the year 2000;
- are affected by a change of use (often from extensive or ecosystem service provision to commercial use);
- include deals for agricultural, forestry and other purposes.
Mining operations are excluded.