During the 2015 Assembly of Members, held in Dakar, Senegal on the 15th of May 2015, members of the Coalition adopted a new Strategy for the period 2016-2021.
5 things you need to know about the new Strategy:
- The change we seek as a Coalition is clearly envisioned in ILC's 10 commitments to people-centred land governance.
- Building on our strength and niche as a network, ILC focuses on creating opportunities for its members to Connect, Mobilise and Influence.
- Our primary impact is through enabling systematic change at the country-level through our National Engagement Strategies.
- We facilitate engagement with influential changemakers beyond the Coalition, including government and the private sector.
- We have elevated our focus on addressing inequality, in particular gender inequality by ensuring women's land rights and gender justice are elevated and cut across all areas of work.
How did we get here?
Preparation for the 2016-21 strategy began in June 2014, with 178 member and partner organisations responding to a survey on expectations and goals for the next six years. further inputs were then provided through four regional and one global consultative workshop between October and November 2014. In March 2015, the Council validated the draft in light of their inputs.