Working towards these commitments
Strong Small-Scale Farming Systems
Equal land rights for women
The World Rural Forum (WRF) is a plural network that works in favour of Family Farming and sustainable rural development, composed by family farming federations and organisations such as COPROFAM, PROPAC, PIFON, PDRR and AFA, rural development organisations such as INADES, and agriculture cooperatives and research centers such as CIRAD. The WRF groups entities that represent more than 32 million family farmers in the five continents. In addition, the WRF maintains collaborative relationships with hundreds of external entities (non-members) all over the world.
The social Objective of the organization is "To Promote Family Farming and Sustainable Rural Development”.
Among the aims of the organisations are:
• To promote sustainable rural development across all five continents.
• To promote better public policies for Family Farming and effective implementation of them.
• To promote gender equity in family farming and rural development.
• To promote the integration, incorporation and equal participation of young people in Family Farming and rural development processes.
• To support the strengthening and empowerment of Family Farming organizations and other organizations working in a rural context.
Please find here a complete list of WRF‘s members: https://www.ruralforum.org/en/who-we-are/institutional-members